CameraViewport larger than current screen?

Tweet
(Posted 1 month ago) RonTek

I always wonder if this is possible in Blitz3D where you have a viewport that is larger than the current resoluton..

say CameraViewPort 1920x1080 and then the screen (Graphics3D) is currently set at 1024x768?

(Posted 1 month ago) Grindalf commented:

I tried doing this recently for my Dungeon View Maker but it does not seem to work

(Posted 1 month ago) RonTek commented:

Thanks Grindalf. I just posted a related MiniB3D archive by Krischan but I doubt switching resolutions will do it even if it is possible in b3d, seems to be more into virtual resolution and/or render to texture.

(Posted 1 month ago) Grindalf commented:

I was trying to render images larger than the programs graphics window. my default graphics viewport is 640x480(the program runs at 800x600)
During the rendering process I could increase image output to 800x600 by changing my graphics viewport and then quickly switching back after the export but any bigger than the program window and it would export black edges outside the window size

(Posted 1 month ago) RonTek commented:

but any bigger than the program window and it would export black edges outside the window size

Yes that is the main issue. I'm sure it is possible in Blitz3D as this works and particularly used in shadow size textures like Ashadow and FastExt.

Reply To Topic (minimum 10 characters)