BlitzMax interruption / task.  

Tweet
(Posted 3 weeks ago) k0j0t

Hi,
This is my first post. I like this language! It is very easy to make many different programs.

I am very happy that there is such a place !!
Best regards - those who create with passion in the Blitz language - to You guys !!

But I have a few problems with various tasks.
For example - I have a problem loading data. While loading from the net or hdd I have a freeze program execution. The program stops and is waiting for download.
My question concerns the possibility of doing this with another task. Is it possible to load / run a separate thread that will not stop the main program?

The second problem concerns the combination of two different processes created.
Is it possible to exchange data between them?

If I could ... case solved.
That's why the second question. (option)

Greetings to you !!
Stay healthy.

(Posted 3 weeks ago) RonTek commented:

Hey k0j0t, Welcome to the Forums!

My question concerns the possibility of doing this with another task. Is it possible to load / run a separate thread that will not stop the main program?

Blitzmax supports threaded build and multitasking to some extent. If you are not familiar with this then let me check if I can find some examples.. brb

(Posted 3 weeks ago) k0j0t commented:

Blitzmax supports threaded build and multitasking to some extent. If you are not familiar with this then let me check if I can find some examples.. brb

So great !!!
I am waiting impatiently.
BlitzMax is a powerful tool - unfortunately there is hardly any documentation at all.

Thank you very much for your support and help.

(Posted 3 weeks ago) RonTek commented:

Sure thing and yes I do recall that the samples/threads folder already has these examples like background loading and threading.

(Posted 2 weeks ago) k0j0t commented:

Sure thing and yes I do recall that the samples/threads folder already has these examples like background loading and threading.

Sorry, but Where can I find those samples ?
Thanks so much for your help with that !!! :)

(Posted 2 weeks ago) RonTek commented:

Are you using the official version (Downloads section)? That should be right in your BlitzMax installation folder. Ex. C:/BlitzMax/samples/threads

Great.. i can now load graphics without program freeze, but what with different process ?

Local Process1:TProcess = CreateProcess("second_program.exe")
status = ProcessStatus(Process1) (1 - running).

Can I get variables from this process, exchange data between them?
I can only get work / non-work status and finish it. (terminate)

Reply To Topic (minimum 10 characters)