Introduce Yourself Thread

Tweet
(Posted 5 months ago) RonTek

I hope it is not too late, so now I have started this introduce yourself thread to welcome new members starting today so my signature will not be all over the place each time I welcome a new member on different categories, topics or thread.

Just say hi or tell us a bit about yourself..

Are you a gamer, an artist or a coder? Like something here? perhaps give some feedback.

New to blitz and have questions? Start a topic and share your coding or workflow problems.

Are you a blitz legend or veteran? You've got some projects to show or share.. or just dropping by? Let us know and Welcome back!

Welcome to the BlitzCoder's Community!

Cheers.

(Posted 5 months ago) markcwm commented:

Okay, hi guys, I'm a coder not much of an artist or gamer, I taught myself Blitz3d, Blitzmax, C and C++, I'm not professional (and have never been employed for programming) I just enjoy tinkering with code, mostly stuff someone else wrote. I've developed Openb3dmax, a wrapper to the Openb3d library which was based on Minib3d, it's still a WIP and I don't have much time to code at the moment so it hasn't had any major updates in months but hopefully I'll find some time later. I did try to make a 3d game once with Blitz3d based on an old Spectrum game called Chaos, it wasn't very good so I decided I wasn't much of a game dev and tried just adding extra functionality to Blitz3d then moved to Blitzmax and am still there thanks to Brucey's work on NG.

(Posted 4 months ago) Rifraf commented:

been a b3d and b+ user for a very very . very long time. glad to see someone has kept the forums alive.

(Posted 4 months ago) RonTek commented:

Hey! Welcome to the forums Rifraf!

Thanks, always glad to have very very long time blitz users like you and markcwm!

enjoy your stay and stay safe! cheers

(Posted 4 months ago) Sam commented:

Hello Everyone, active on blitz forums from early 2000's to 2010 or so, Maybe not as long as RifRaf ;)
I installed a 32 bit version win 7 to dual boot mainly for 3dws and a few other utils. Ive also noticed that blitz compiles with debug on much faster on a 32bit os.
Ofcourse I have Unity and Unreal , But Blitz3d is still my favorite...lol

Welcome aboard to the forums Sam!

I'm not familiar with long time blitzers, but do you happen to be zmatrix on the old blitz forums?

Yeah that was me :) , I Was part of the 3drad invasion in 2002 or so.lol When Rad died and we all moved over to Blitz3d.

Sam

I knew it. Wow ok that was some history there.

3DRad is a great tool. I like the feature design and completeness of the engine and I have saved an archived of gman's 3Impact library for BlitzMax.

https://www.blitzcoder.org/forum/topic.php?id=59

If I am not mistaken, they did manage to make it to DX9 (or did they start it with DX9 already?) which is really nice.

I think it may have started with 8.1 and got up to 9.0 (Could have been just the the shaders that came with it were 8.1 compatible)

(Posted 3 months ago) hardcoal commented:

Hi Im hardcoal and I come in peace..
I like Art.. Programming and generally creating stuff.
I also like to chat.. on wireclub chatrooms and talk about religion, science and politics ..

Im working on my GameEditor for a long time.. In my own pace..
hoping to get to see something comes out of it eventually.

And doing some side projects as well..

I love retro games and even thinking of making commodore 64 games just for the fun of it.

To be continued..

Reply To Topic (minimum 10 characters)