Stop E-Mail Spam

Tweet
(Posted 1 month ago) Doggie

Recently I'm being hit with massive amounts of spam getting through Outlooks spam filters. Most of it is from poetfake.com whatever that is and whether I choose to block it categorize it as junk or phishing it keeps coming Does anyone know of a legit and possibly free ant - email spam program? Right now I'm only using Windows Defender so maybe an anti virus that is also effective with e-mail spam? Thanks for any advice

(Posted 1 month ago) RonTek commented:

Hey Doggie, perhaps you can at least set some rules to delete all spam from that email/domain. As for antivirus/spyware too, I use MSE as it seems it's much preferred and better than Defender.

(Posted 4 weeks ago) Doggie commented:

I've tried setting every rule possible including checking the option to only allow mail from those on my safe list. Nothing works I keep getting bombarded.

(Posted 4 weeks ago) RonTek commented:

I see. Do you use it for important stuff and connected to other accounts?

If it's not that hard to transition then I think it's an easy bet to just create a new one and notify about your switch to all of your trusted contacts.

This should save you effort and frustrations in the long run.

(Posted 4 weeks ago) Doggie commented:

Same e-mail account I've had since dial up days. That's why it's MSN.com instead of hotmail.com so it's associated with quite a few things Right now I'm making a rule for every spam account to send it to junk but it used to be all I had to do was right click it and mark it. I guess if it isn't contained I can create a new account and change it everywhere I can think of that I might need mail from. Thanks.

(Posted 4 weeks ago) RonTek commented:

great. yes start fresh and make sure you are clean of spywares or malwares otherwise it's a vicious cylce

Reply To Topic (minimum 10 characters)