MouseX() MouseY() Not returning anything

Tweet
(Posted 7 months ago) lavalamp

On MacOS Catalina, I cant seem to get MouseX() & MouseY() to return anything?

(Posted 7 months ago) RonTek commented:

MaxGUI and even BRL mods relies on system drivers, so it is to be expected since it is not updated anymore and Apple with their constant OS updates or changes.

I am not sure if this will work on vanilla BlitzMax since it is well maintained, but have you tried the BRL.mod NG version?

https://www.blitzcoder.org/forum/topic.php?id=408

(Posted 7 months ago) lavalamp commented:

That caused build errors, but I did get round the issue by using GadgetX to find where I was on the display. I noticed in my other app thats a game, Mouse Y movement is inversed...

Hey, good to know you got that issue solved in other ways.

That caused build errors

It seemed and it goes to show that the mod now only works on BlitzMax NG. It supported both on earlier versions afaik.

(Posted 7 months ago) TomToad commented:

If I remember correctly, the NG version of brl.mod requires the modified bmk and bcc to compile.

If I remember correctly, the NG version of brl.mod requires the modified bmk and bcc to compile.

Thanks Tom, I forgot about that step. Btw, would that now require you to use MinGW and not use Fasm anymore which it will now turn into NG? or is that particular modified version still uses FASM for vanilla? is there a link?

(Posted 6 months ago) lavalamp commented:

Ive noticed that the same code when complied on MacOS appears to have the MouseY() reversed? Although it displays correctly on screen, its very odd. Windowa complie is fine...

(Posted 5 months ago) RonTek commented:

Ive noticed that the same code when complied on MacOS appears to have the MouseY() reversed?

I think this is to be expected when they are doing major and breaking changes to their OS.

(Posted 2 months ago) lavalamp commented:

Actually more specifically its reversing in fullscreen mode, window mode is fine

Reply To Topic (minimum 10 characters)