Hi. anything new since i last left blitzmax?

(Posted 3 weeks ago) hardcoal

Hi Ron.. :) im trying python.. since blitzmax is not so supported which is a shame.. a great language gone lost.. i guess monkey is no longer in develope either right?

how are you, hows things? anything interesting you do?

cheers

(Posted 3 weeks ago)

Hey HC, glad to hear from you again how's it going?

Ah, nothing much. I was working on a BlitzMax fork called BlitzMax DX, but decided to put it on hold due to some mismatch issues with my old working version.

I do have other Blitz plans coming up, but still have to take care some other important stuff at the moment so will let you know.

How's your progress with Python? Any new apps or games in the works?

(Posted 3 weeks ago)

There is Brucey'sBlitzMax-NG which is still supported. The desktop compiles are stable and Brucey is quick to fix any problems that arise.

MonketX is being continued by MikeHart as Cerberus-X.

Monkey2 is still being developed, just the main website is down. Releases are now on itch.io and the forums are moved to discord. Probably wont be supported much longer unless someone takes up the mantel on this one.

(Posted 3 weeks ago)

Hey Tom, I'm sure someone will eventually pickup Monkey2 and continue what was left, just like what has happened with the other Blitz family tools.

(Posted 2 weeks ago)

im so confused by all those versions .... monkeyX monkey2... why not concenrate on one language..?

i would like to make a code editor.. but i need a good gui.. and i prefer to make it on blitzmax..

should i leave blitzmax and move to blitzmax ng? whats the differences?

(Posted 1 week ago)

im so confused by all those versions .... monkeyX monkey2... why not concenrate on one language..?

That's actually what most of blitz users are asking. I think it's more on keeping the language features up to par with C++ or Java, at least that's what I have noticed or heard.

i would like to make a code editor.. but i need a good gui.. and i prefer to make it on blitzmax.. should i leave blitzmax and move to blitzmax ng? whats the differences?

Blitzmax NG presents new language features on recent versions if I'm not mistaken, so if you can transition and also keep up with those changes, it would not be problem. The 64bit support is also nice, which you come in handy for memory heavy stuff. There's also platform support for Android and Nintendo Switch (last I hear).

I'm actually having some problems porting Vanilla to NG, perhaps there should be a converter like what BMX IDE has for BB?

Reply To Topic