Blitz3D GOM Shadow System

Tweet blitz3d effects toolbox
(Posted 1 year ago) RonTek

The project name is GOM : Gestion des OMbres (shadow system in french).

Authors : HautVent / Philippe C

License: GPL

Download Source and Examples

Mirror Copy via TinyUpload

(Posted 1 year ago) markcwm commented:

Hi Ron,

that is nice! So are they soft-edge shadows? It's hard to see from the screenies. Is it some kind of fast lightmapping system?

(Posted 1 year ago) RonTek commented:

Yes it is. They are actually textured shadows, but yes it does have that effect. You could look into this more if you might be interested, as I think this can be ported to OpenB3DMax to have these type of shadows without using any shaders.

The only downside I found so far is that it flickers when the shadow receiver (eg platform) is moving, or it might just need some adjustment/fixing.

(Posted 1 year ago) markcwm commented:

Yeah okay, I'll have a look to see how portable it is then, it would be nice to have as an alternative to a shader solution.

(Posted 1 year ago) RonTek commented:

Yea that would be awesome Mark looking forward to some progress and can help with some testing.

(Posted 5 months ago) ManoBrz commented:

os links estão indisponíveis

(Posted 5 months ago) RonTek commented:

os links estão indisponíveis

that's unfortunate. Anyway, I will see if I can find my copy and upload it asap.

(Posted 3 months ago) RonTek commented:

Update: After a little bit of checking, I figured it out that the link has been changed and the author forgot or did not update it on the download page.

You can now download it again from the link above still from the author's website. cheers.

Reply To Topic (minimum 10 characters)