MonkeyMax allows you to code in Monkey and output BlitzMax code, so you can run it on Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
MonkeyMax is a BlitzMax target for Monkey. It allows you to write Monkey code and output to BlitzMax code, which in turn allows you to run your applications using DirectX7/9 or OpenGL. Also after translating to BlitzMax code, you can then use the BlitzMax debugger.
Shearing is not supported by BlitzMax. Currently works with Monkey v66b. Switch to v69 branch for a version that supports monkey v69+
App config settings
MonkeyMax supports the following app config settings: BMAXWINDOWTITLE:String = "MonkeyMax Title" BMAXWINDOWWIDTH:Int = 640 BMAXWINDOWHEIGHT:Int = 480 BMAXWINDOWFULLSCREEN:String = "true" MOJOAUTOSUSPENDENABLED:String="true" MOJOIMAGEFILTERINGENABLED:String="true"
Strict BMAX_WINDOW_TITLE="Mojo Test" BMAX_WINDOW_WIDTH=1024 BMAX_WINDOW_HEIGHT=768 BMAX_WINDOW_FULLSCREEN="true" MOJO_IMAGE_FILTERING_ENABLED="true" MOJO_AUTO_SUSPEND_ENABLED="true" Import mojo Global game:MyGame
- Download the latest version of MonkeyMax above
- Make a copy of your Monkey installation as this will override your files, name it something like MonkeyProBMax
- Copy over all the files in MonkeyMax on top of your MonkeyProBMax folder so that they overwrite the folders and files
- In your MonkeyProBMax\bin folder, open config.winnt.txt, change the BMAX_PATH to point to your bmk.exe and save the changes
- Open up Monk from your MonkeyProBMax folder
- Open up a Monkey project and click Build and Run, select BMAX from the targets and click Build
Reply To Topic
Please log in to reply