Syntensity Engine + Blitz3D

👉 BlitzCoder will be building a new platform and other plans to preserve and continue the Blitz legacy.

To be able to achieve this goal, we need your support by becoming a Patreon Paid Member 👈

Tweet
kerblitz32

Hello all,

(Not sure if this is the right forum for this, if it's not, let me know and I'll move my post)

After going down an on-line rabbit hole of Virtual Worlds software, I came across this news article about a program called "Syntensity" which could be used for making, among other things, persistent virtual worlds. As this is something I've been trying to do in Blitz3D using Directplay features, I figured I'd check it out. Syntensity can be downloaded here for those of you who are interested, looks like it hasn't been updated since 2010.

I bring this up because I have an idea:

A 3-way on-line world between something in Syntensity, a Blitz3D program that allows for interaction with the Syntensity world via TCP/UDP stuff, and a website to monitor and chat with people in the world. I think this opens up a whole new world of possibilities for on-line chat and interaction between users, especially when combined with the customization power of Blitz3D through .decls and wrappers. Looking forward to hearing you guys' thoughts on it.

BlitzCoder commented:

Thanks for sharing and this is interesting kerblitz.. never heard of this Syntensity project, but had some of my hands on Cube 2 engine before which this tool is also based on.

Reply To Topic (minimum 10 characters)