BlitzCoder Game Competition Rules ⚡

Tweet
(Posted 6 months ago) markcwm

BlitzCoder Game Competition Rules

This will be a yearly indie game competition (2D and 3D) held at BlitzCoder.org and will be open to all programming languages and development tools. Prizes will be awarded by the sponsor (me) for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places at $125 each payable through Paypal.com or if that is not possible then Wise.com (bank transfer). Winners can email me their personal details.

1. The Challenge will start on 1 May and run until 31 October, for 6 months.
  2. Voting will start on November 1 and run for 2 weeks.
  3. Delayed entries and voting are still welcome but won't count towards the results.
  4. If there is less than 3 entries then no prizes will be awarded but voting can still take place.
  5. Only participants and known Blitzcoder members are allowed to vote. If you aren't a known member and would like to vote then you can introduce yourself in the voting topic.
  6. Any development language or tool may be used but the game or game demo should be playable on a desktop OS.
  7. The sponsor (me) reserves the right to decide if an entry is invalid.
  8. Only games that were released in the given year, or less than 3 months before, should be considered valid entries.

Voting

Members are allowed to vote for their 3 favorite entries but participants can't vote for themselves. Votes should be given with the game title beside a 1st, 2nd or 3rd (or 1, 2, 3). You can also rate a game but this is just for fun and won't count towards the overall votes. Votes will then be counted up and averaged out to determine the winners. How you rate a game is up to you but it is recommended to use our rating system. This is 5 sections marked out of 20% or 2 points each (plus decimal values if you like) added up to get the overall 100% or 10 points.

1. Presentation = 20%
  2. Gameplay and User Input = 20%
  3. Graphics = 20%
  4. Animation = 20%
  5. Sound and Music = 20%
    Overall = 100%

Badges may be added below the winner's avatar by the site admin (RonTek).

These guidelines may be subject to further changes.

(Posted 3 months ago) RonTek commented:

Update: Mark will now be taking over and managing this competition under the OpenB3D project sponsorship.

The new updated details will be posted soon..

Reply To Topic (minimum 10 characters)