Tweet blender file-utilities 3d-modellers 3d-animation-tools toolbox
(Posted 2 years ago) RonTek

Gandaldf's Blender B3D Exporter

Last Updated: 01/2016

Direct Download:

https://github.com/gandaldf/Blender-Blitz3D-Exporter/archive/master.zip

(Posted 2 years ago) markcwm commented:

Nice one Ron!

I must try this out as I think it's the best free option for making B3D outside Windows.

(Posted 2 years ago) RonTek commented:

Thanks Mark! Yes, please do try this one out. It's actually been a while since I have tested this and I also remember that there is this updated forked version that I found somewhere on the old forum. I hope I can still find it as somehow this is still buried in one of my archived bookmarks.

I had a look to see about this updated version, there was a post on BB about it here:
Plugin Blender B3D?

I downloaded the file posted by RustiKristi at the time and today diffed it with 3 other versions on Github and found it's a slightly older version of the exporter by Minetest called B3DExport, this is version 3.0 whereas Gandaldf's is 2.07.

Minetest's version is a fork of B3DExport by RainWarrior who is credited with "coordinate system changes". Minetest's version "disables exporting texture file links" which I think is a default setting in Blender.

Then there is another version by Joric which has both import and export (version 3.0 again) called io_scene_b3d which is basically minetest's exporter without texture links disabled. Joric's importer doesn't support animations yet but he says he's still working on it.

The good thing about version 3.0 is that it works with at least Blender 2.74 and probably 2.79.

Awesome! It seems I did lost my bookmarks for the exporter and thanks for these additional version and links. I have not checked them out yet, but out of all those, which one do you think would mostly support important features like animation, lightmap or multitexture even if it is not updated with the latest blender version?

Well there is almost no difference between Joric's and minetest's versions so it doesn't really matter, I will be trying Joric's first as it has an importer as well.

Ok got it. I would be checking out those as well, thanks again!

Reply To Topic (minimum 10 characters)