MiniB3D Documentation not Building on BlitzMax NG?

Tweet
(Posted 1 month ago) misterbull82

Just got a new desktop computer in today and I've been trying to install all my production tools. I opted for the NG version of BlitzMax for its wide platform support.

After inserting the MiniB3D mod files, building everything including the documentation I seem to have a small problem.

None of the MiniB3D commands seem to ever change color and casing. They remain white and unchanged with the rest of the code. I'm assuming this is a document build problem?

(Posted 1 month ago) RonTek commented:

I'm not sure the issue about NG's latest doc system since it gets constant updates, in the meantime you can download the doc here and unzip it in the mod folder.

(Posted 1 month ago) misterbull82 commented:

still no changes there. I put the unzipped files in sidesign.mod folder and rebuilt the documentation. Am I doing this right?

thanks again for your help Ron, its always apreciated :)

(Posted 1 month ago) markcwm commented:

Hi misterbull,

NG builds Minib3d docs fine here in Linux, you maybe made a mistake. One thing that it could be is that you have to close and restart Maxide before the new commands can be highlighted. The commands for third-party modules are all stored in blitzmax/doc/bmxmods/commands.txt so you can be sure if the commands were added. Another way is to use the sidebar in Maxide, click Third party modules and the html file should be in there somewhere. Another thing is the Minib3d download has the module in a subfolder called sidesign.mod that needs to be copied to blitzmax/mod/sidesign.mod/minib3d.mod. Also note that when you build modules that doesn't build the docs, you need to use from Maxide Program>Rebuild documentation. Also, I recommend you use the latest NG as available from blitzmax.org which is currently v0.129.

(Posted 1 month ago) misterbull82 commented:

Hello Markcwm,
Thank you for your reply.

NG builds Minib3d docs fine here in Linux

The funny thing here is that I have it working just fine on my main Windows 10 laptop in BMax NG, its just not working correctly on my new Win10 desktop computer for whatever reason. :P

One thing that it could be is that you have to close and restart Maxide before the new commands can be highlighted.

Yep, been doing that.

The commands for third-party modules are all stored in blitzmax/doc/bmxmods/commands.txt so you can be sure if the commands were added.

I've scrolled through the txt doc but could not find anything in there concerning MiniB3D commands.

Another way is to use the sidebar in Maxide, click Third party modules and the html file should be in there somewhere.

Nothing there either :-/

Another thing is the Minib3d download has the module in a subfolder called sidesign.mod that needs to be copied to blitzmax/mod/sidesign.mod/minib3d.mod.

Yeah, I have the mod itself working. the problem again is that the commands within the ide are not highlighting like the normal BlitzMax commands.

Also note that when you build modules that doesn't build the docs, you need to use from Maxide Program>Rebuild documentation.

Yeah, I've been doing that correctly.

Also, I recommend you use the latest NG as available from blitzmax.org which is currently v0.129.

Checked, and yes it is the most up-to-date version.

again apreciated, Markcwm

Edit: I just remembered that Max NG is a portable app. Moved the one I had on my laptop to my desktop. It works great.

Issue is solved, thanks again everybody for your help here :)

Reply To Topic (minimum 10 characters)