The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts. Content submitted express the views of their author only.
This Service is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are younger than this, please do not register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are this age or older.
All content you submit, upload, or otherwise make available to the Service ("Content") may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be personal, personally identifiable information, private or confidential.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
You may not access the Service through automated or programmatic means (such as through a content scraper) without prior permission from us.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
The BlitzCoder.org forum rules set out below are considered part of these terms.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the Service. Use of the Service constitutes acceptance of these terms. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
The BlitzCoder community is primarily a support community for educational, research, knowledgebase and its contributing members, rather than a general chat/discussion community. It is a community built around people getting and giving help and guidance. Your behavior should reflect that. The rules here are not exhaustive and will be modified over time as necessary. Use common sense.
Access to the community is a privilege, not a right, and members who continually breach these rules will find themselves limited or removed from the community, regardless of the other contributions they have made.
Please note that responses to questions posted on the forums cannot be guaranteed.
- The BlitzCoder forums are the forums for educational and should be viewable in professional, business contexts or by children. Please do not post anything which is inappropriate in a business setting. This includes, but is not limited to, profanity, sexual, sexualized or illicit content, hateful, threatening, provocative or vulgar content, links and websites and discussion encouraging the use of piracy or warez distributions, or any otherwise illegal content. Please do not attempt to circumvent the censoring options we have set up.
- Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.
- Posts should always be constructive and on topic. For common issues, simply telling someone to search is not acceptable. If you disagree with a post and feel the need to reply as such, it’s important that you explain why. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted as required.
- Posting to a thread more than once in succession within the day is not permitted. "In succession" means without others posting in between your posts, resulting in more than one post from you in a row, and within a short period of time. If you wish to post again to a thread that you are the last poster for within the day of your last post to it then you may use the Edit Post function at the top right of your last post to add to it. If you are starting a thread, for which the first post is likely to grow a great deal over time, such as a long thread or an extensive guide or list of guides, then it is permissible to post a second time immediately after the originating post, so you have the space immediately after OP reserved for more content.
- Similarly, messages involving BlitzCoder’s competitors must be constructive. Posts regarding their business practices, staff, and software are generally unacceptable. However, constructive criticism towards BlitzCoder in relation to others’ features is acceptable (for example, saying that BlitzCoder should function like X in software Y).
- If you feel another user is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message to staff. Do not respond publicly. This simply continues the back and forth that derails topics and makes them uncomfortable for other users. If someone attacks you and you respond with an attack, you will be warned regardless of who started it.
- All content must be posted in English as it is not possible for us to moderate the forums otherwise. In very specific cases (such as distributing a translation), foreign languages may be used provided an English translation is provided as well.
- Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Related to this, resources should not be bumped with updates unless the update is legitimate. Updates for the primary purpose of bumping the resource will be removed. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.
- Please do not attempt to sell or trade any products or services in our community, outside what is explicitly allowed in a specific category or third-party services forum. This rule also extends to give aways and competitions. You should head to a dedicated site for that.
- Service and resource providers may not solicit via conversations unless direct communication is explicitly invited.
- If you recommend a product or service and link to it with an affiliate code, you must disclose the affiliate relationship.
- Personal information and private discussions may not be posted unless it’s clear that all parties involved have consented.
- If a moderator or staff member takes an action or posts a directive (for example, to stop with a particular topic), you must adhere to this. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message that contravenes it, delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators.
- If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.
- Many contributors or third-parties have released their own resources (codes, tips, tutorials, libraries, programs, games, demos, apps, add-ons, styles, graphics, translations, etc) here. You must follow their specified license. If no license is explicitly specified, re-distribution (of the resource or of derivatives) is not permitted. Violation of resource licenses will lead to resource access being restricted.
- All submitted content tagged as 'code-archives' will be under open source and public domain licensing. You are only allowed to put it in this particular category if you agree to provide this type of license with your submitted code or content. As with any open source work or project, the same licensing method applies if you later decide to change the license to another type †.
- Please respect resource authors and their contributions. Many resource authors release things for no charge and don’t owe you anything. Attacking them will simply lead to them not releasing things in the future to the detriment of everyone. Understand that resources are not made specifically to your specifications. If you are unhappy with a resource, we recommend you pay to commission a custom-developed resource to your specifications.
- Each user may only have one account. If duplicate accounts are discovered, the duplicates may be banned.